Operating your own hydroponics centre has tremendous
advantages over farming by planting in soil.
Using a hydroponics centre has become hugely popular
worldwide for growing all types of plants like herbs, foliage,
vegetables and food cultivation. In fact it has become
more and more commercially viable as evidenced in Holland, which
is currently the leader in utilizing hydroponics
systems extensively for commercial food products.
A hydroponics centre is relatively simple to operate, with very low
maintenance and is a highly efficient way of plant cultivation.
What are some of the benefits of a hydroponics centre?
- Simple to set up, operate, maintain and control
- Set up anywhere, on rock, soil, grass, inside, etc.
- Quicker, higher yields
- No soil diseases
- No insecticides
- Up to four crops per year
- No crop rotation necessary
- Consistent crop size and production
- Lower operating and maintenance costs
- No need for heavy machinery
- Less fertilizer, less water, less waste
- No weeding
- Environmentally friendly
- Not subject to bad weather, drought, erosion, etc.
growing is cheaper to operate than soil farming and the products
are grown in nutrient-rich water providing the plants with ideal
growing conditions not attainable with soil farming. The end
result is often far more robust, healthy and better tasting.
To learn more about starting your own hydroponics
Copyright © 2002, Hydroponics
Growing Systems. All Rights Reserved.